2013 recap.

Thursday, December 19, 2013


2013 -easily one of the craziest years of my life. It started off bittersweet as we knew we would be leaving the city we loved that May. If you've been around this blog long enough, then you know that Mitch and I are kind of in love with Nashville. You can read why in this post..
Once we moved away from Nashville our nomadic life began. 7 long months of living out of a suitcase and wandering the western hemisphere. 6-7 weeks of our summer were spent on mission trips in both Atlanta and Puerto Rico. We split up the following months between FL, AR, and TX to see as many friends and family as we could before departing for Guatemala. And since Nashville is kind of our home base, that is where we spent our last month in the states.

This nomadic and expat life made for some very emotional days. During our 7 months of being "homeless" I would often think to myself, "Are we crazy? Is this normal?" And I would always answer no to both questions. I knew we weren't crazy for this is what God had been preparing our hearts for since we were both 18. And no it was not normal. (But then again, what's normal, right?) Deep down in my heart I knew it was worth it. God was shaping us, refining us, and allowing our hearts to only rely on Him.

I kind of felt like Philip in Acts 8. God took Philip from the thriving ministry in Samaria and basically told him to go to the desert. For us, leaving Nashville was really hard, but God was sending us to Guatemala. Not that Guatemala is desert like, but it was a different experience, an unknown adventure. I'm not really sure what Philip was thinking when God told him to go, all I know is that he went.

Sometimes, hard days and moments in our lives are some of our best experiences. Maybe not so much when they're happening, but in hindsight those are the moments when we grow. I am so excited about our life here in Guatemala. We have already experienced hard days and frustrating situations, but God is at work and I'm so glad to be a part of it.

Just a few highlights from 2013

Enjoyed our last moments of living in Nashville.

 Spent 4 weeks in Puerto Rico…

…and 2 weeks in ATL 

My best friend joined the diamond club and got ENGAGED! 

Mitch and I traveled to Arkansas, Texas, and Florida visiting family and friends.

I turned 25 and celebrated it in Nashville!

And we moved to Guatemala!

2013 was filled with fun memories, hard memories, and lots of adventures!
This will be my last blog post of the year, folks. Thanks for coming along on this beautiful adventure with Mitch and I. Looking forward to many more adventures in 2014! We will be spending this holiday season with family and friends in the States! So I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas and a happy New Year!

No comments

Post a Comment

A beautiful adventure. All rights reserved. © Adorable Design.