These kids.

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Kids…they've never really been "my thing." It takes a lot of extra energy and patience from me to work with them.  I feel awkward around them and sometimes I just don't feel like I can relate to a 9 year-old, you know?



But these kids? These kids make me want children(most days). They make me excited about hanging out with them. They are cute, sweet, and respectful. They have patience with me when I'm stumbling over my Spanish. And even though I am way older than them, they always want me to play with them. And even though I'm still somewhat awkward around them they still call out my name like I'm they're best friend.
So when Mitch and I heard that these kids had no teachers even though school was supposed to have started already and the government didn't care enough to send anyone in, we decided to become their teachers. While I hate math and have trouble getting myself to read, I'm going to do my best to teach these kids the basics of math + reading. And while we already go into their village twice a week to teach Bible stories, we're going to teach them the Bible in the school (take that U.S. government!). Because these kids are worth it. These kids deserve love, attention, and the right to learn. These kids have stolen my heart.

5 comments:

  1. They are such a blessing! May God continue to fill their hearts...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! I'll be praying for you both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda, this is so cool that you and Mitch are getting to do this! Thanks for writing; I am really enjoying your posts. Praying for you both!

    -Chrissy Curtis

    ReplyDelete

A beautiful adventure. All rights reserved. © Adorable Design.