"Home is wherever I'm with you"

Friday, August 26, 2011

It's been one week here in Music City and we've only been here for a full 7 days, but I think they should reconsider naming it "little Mexico." So many hispanics! Down the street from where we live are tons of mercados latinos (latin market), restaurantes, Iglesias, etc. Of course, this made Mitch and I pretty excited. We've only been downtown once which is probably where all the music happens, hence the name.

We unpacked everything within 2 days. I was too excited to leave everything in it's box. Our small 1 bedroom apartment is starting to feel and look like a home each day. We are throughly enjoying it and the community we live in. I've had some requests for pictures of the place. It's a work in progress, but here they are:

This is our living room(also serves as dining room).
And my thrift store photo frame finds(just needs pictures!)


I'm kind of obsessed with my dishes...
and I am having so much fun cooking for Mitch and I


Our cute bookshelf and bedroom


My Craigslist find!
Now I can keep up with Mitch on his runs(Nashville is very hilly though)!


We are pretty much settled in & are ready for visitors (hint, hint)!
Right now our biggest concern (prayer request rather) would be for jobs! We are daily checking Craigslist and sending in resumé's. We are praying the Lord will open up an opportunity and place us where He wants us. We are in need of God to come through.
We are gracious to those who are supporting us financially as we are in this ministry. To be frank, our financial support is not where we would like it to be. Know that money is not where our hearts are, but it is crucial to our ministry expenses while living here in Nashville and once we venture overseas.
Mitch and I are at peace though. Our hope is in the promises of our faithful, providing Lord.
"I know you can do all things. No purpose of yours can be thwarted." Job 42:2
As I heard someone once say, "If it's his will, it's his bill." True that.

Monday all the Trek-xers went white water rafting down the Ocoee River for some bonding time-life or death style. It was quite the adventure! I think I'm the only one who didn't voluntarily jump out of the raft!


We hit hard with training come Monday morning! And hopefully a job soon after :)
-Amanda

No comments

Post a Comment

A beautiful adventure. All rights reserved. © Adorable Design.