Oceans

Wednesday, July 3, 2013


Guatemala has been on my mind a lot lately. With only 2 in a half months before we move there, I can’t help but think about what living there will be like. However I must confess. I found myself thinking about the negative in moving there and not the positive. I began viewing it as a burden and not a blessing. I felt very convicted over it and realized that my attitude needed to change.

Yes there will be hard times. But it is in these hard times and sufferings that God refines us. I just need to trust him.

I am thankful that he is preparing and refining Mitch and I each day for our move. It will be one of the hardest but most rewarding experiences of our lives thus far. I know there are exciting times ahead and praise God for choosing Mitch and I for this task.

"Spirit lead me where my trust is without boarders, 
let me walk upon the waters wherever you would call me." 

This is truly my prayer.


3 comments:

  1. Amanda, this song and prayer gets me through the days where I find moving a burden instead of a blessing!! I know EXACTLY how you feel! It's the unknown that's so scary, but its the unknown and the step of faith that will strengthen our faith in him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And take me deeper than my feet could ever wander
    and my faith will be made stronger
    in the presence of my Savior!

    Hallelujah!
    Cdub

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keely, thanks for your encouraging words! This song is so good and I'm so thankful for it. Praying for you, especially knowing we are in similar situations right now!

    Cdub, Amen!

    ReplyDelete

A beautiful adventure. All rights reserved. © Adorable Design.